Social Media

Social media is making me anxious
Its consuming my time leaving me helpless
I uninstall, install and repeat that all night,
Hoping it might help, but it adds to my plight

i swipe right then i swipe left 
untill the feed mentions there's nothing left
i scroll now and i keep scrolling 
as if it was my only calling

i understand its important, that it's all nice
it is a boon your potentials can amplify
it is also something beyond and below
will it be right to say, it feels like a vice

Its consuming my neurons, shit is being fed
you live like a zombie, dying slowly but not yet
It takes away my zeal, focus and everything else
Cause who am i right now? is this what was meant?
i sure am happy, i smile and i laugh
but still i am scared to read " you've scrolled it all"

I am trying to work on myself, or atleast i pretend
Cause not doing so makes me anxious again.



 

Comments

Popular Posts