The longing


My lips have been denied the pleasure of a kiss
for so long now, that i fail to feel them
Are they dead?i ask myelf a question impractical,
A question i know the answer to
but i ask, hoping someone might just make me realize how lively they are 
just like when i smile or when i laugh 
My heart hasn't felt a beat other than its own 
It's killing it to simply beat for itself 
cause all it want's is a fellow synchronous rhythm 
My fingers are bored scratching my head and running through the pages i hardly look at
All they wanna do is run through your body and feel every inch of your skin, measure each scar and praise every mole
I have stopped drinking you know! 
i am lying i never drank, 
lot of things i never did
but also i had never loved or been loved
but that happened i guess or was it just to show me how high, high can be
To show me that my lips, my fingers, my heart could want for something that was so shortlived 
Shorter than whatever you think might be shortest on this planet 
To show me that somethings can be with you and yet not be yours
Be it my heart, my lips or the longing of my finger tips


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts